SMART HOME WITH A VIEW
2019 CEDIA Winner - Best Integrated Home Level II
The Banks Street house sits atop the hill on the border of New Market and Ashgrove, with 360-degree panoramic views across Banks Street Reserve toward the city.
Key Design Objectives
- Lighting control & automation including scheduled events to suit our clients lifestyle
- Blind control & autmation
- Pool & spa control (pumps etc.)
- Technology that will seamlessly blend with & compliment the décor of the home
- High performance IT network, both wired and wireless
- Intercom and access control - fully customised user access
- Air-conditioning control
- 4K Televisions
- 4K Home Cinema with interactive cinema seating
- Discrete in-ceiling speakers throughout
- Audio & video distribution - watch or listen to any device anywhere in the home
- Security & CCTV
- Full remote access, with the ability to view and control the smart home system from anywhere in the world
- High speed multimedia storage (NAS)
- Fully integrated Control4 system via on-wall touch panels, portable touch panels, mobile devices and smart watch
From the beginning the team at Electronic Living and their capabilities were impressive. We remember preparing for our initial meeting only being interested in home network and security, however, after spending time at the showroom we were blown away. We had no idea before seeing the showroom in person how well the technology could make life easier, while being almost entirely concealed. After our initial meeting, we walked away wanting the full experience.
In a new build we had the opportunity to involve the Electronic Living team throughout the planning and the build. The team were extremely well organised, worked well with both our architect and builder, and have been a pleasure to deal with throughout our experience. The quality of work, right down to the degree of painstaking documentation and systematic organisation of even the wiring behind the electronic equipment rack has been impressive.
The after-sales service has been exceptional, with the team being available whenever we’ve needed to contact them. Over time as we’ve lived in the house, we’ve been able to add to the customisation, incorporating extra efficiencies or new features as we’ve gone along. Despite the large amount of technology in the home, it is extremely intuitive and easy to use – guests and others in our home have not had any difficulty in operating any of the systems. After now having lived in our home for almost a year, we continue to enjoy and appreciate the smart home functions every day.